SEMrush PPC Fundamentals Exam
SEMrush PPC Fundamentals Exam
Link to Appear in SEMrush PPC Fundamentals Exam:https://www.semrush.com/academy/exams/ppc-fundamentals-exam?utm_campaign=academy_campaign&utm_source=berush&utm_medium=promo&utm_term=96
How to use these answers:
We are a bunch of digital marketing industry professionals and digital marketing trainers. We take up these digital marketing certification exams every month and share our experiences and discuss the questions and answers. We are sharing this for educational purposes. No commercial / sponsored association.
While you are appearing for the exam, you can come back to this post, Ctrl+F (find) the question, and mark the answer in the question paper.
How do you get charged with PPC?
- You pay when a user clicks on your ad that leads to your website.
- You pay when ads are shown to a user.
- You pay when a user clicks on your ad that leads to your website and makes a purchase.
Which is not true about display advertising?
- Your target audience for display advertising is not limited to the number of people looking for you on the web.
- Display traffic is both cheaper and more plentiful.
- It brings traffic with the strongest buyer’s intent.
True or false? An effective PPC strategy should consider the ads themselves; the steps that users take on your website in order to convert to clients is not a part of this strategy.
Which part of the sales funnel has the most users?
- The middle
- The beginning
- Same number throughout
- The end
Which step in the decision-making funnel do most people fit in.
What does tracking performance down a sales funnel enable you to do? Choose 3 answers.
- Know how much to pay per click
- Understand the cost for each of the conversions along the funnel.
- A/B test different ads for the highest CTR
- A/B test different variations of stages along the funnel
More sales copy helps sell to users that are:
- To both groups
- Higher up on the decision making funnel (first becoming aware)
- Lower on the decision making funnel (ready to take action and buy)
How do you get more meaningful statistics without spending more money? Choose 3 correct answers.
- Add keywords
- Limit your advertising to fewer products
- Target fewer keywords
- Focus on fewer users
With search advertising, what are advertisers competing with each other for?
- Higher conversion rate
- Ad position
- Number of ad clicks
Google Ads hierarchy, from largest to smallest, is:
- Campaign ->Account -> MCC -> Ad Group
- Account ->MCC -> Campaign -> Ad Group
- MCC -> Account -> Campaign -> Ad Group
What are Google Search Partners?
- Websites that aren’t Google properties, but have a search box that delivers Google’s search results
- Websites that belong to Google
- Advertising agencies that manage Google search campaigns
The negative exact keyword ‘-[beach chair]’ will exclude the following search term:
- Beach chairs
- Best beach chairs
- Best beach chair
- Beach chair
Fill in the blank: It is important to take into consideration the decision making funnel when conducting keyword research so that you focus on more actionable words that will help you deliver a __________CTR with Google and ________ better.
- Maximum, show up
- Higher, convert
- Lower, sell
Which two statements are not true about Google Ads Keyword planner?
- It helps forecast the search volume.
- It is only available in your current location.
- It gives keyword ideas.
- It is a not free tool.
True or false? A feature that the SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool offers which the AdWords Keyword Tool lacks is the ability to list attributes along side roots.
What is the primary metric for determining a winning ad?
- Lowest cost per click
- Ad position
What does PLA stand for?
- Priority Listing Ad
- Paid Listing Ad
- Product Listing Ad
True or false? Uploading a CSV of your data feed from your computer will allow you to set an automated schedule.
Fill in the blank. Display advertising allows you to reach users at the ___________ stage of the decision making funnel.
True or false? Frequency capping sets limits on how many times the same person can see an ad.
How many ad sizes are there on the GDN?
Which example of display targeting is not one that targets users by content?
- Contextual Targeting
- Targeting Topics
- Placement Targeting
Fill in the blank. The best practice for a/b testing two different calls to action for a __________ad is to test banners that are __________in every way, with the exception of the call to action.
- banner, identical
- text, different
- text, identical
- banner, different
Ads for Universal App Campaigns are created:
- Automatically in the Merchant Center
- Automatically from the Google Play store listing
- In the Google Ads UI
True or false? It is important to track in-app actions to optimize for users that are engaged in completing valuable actions within the app, not app installs.
How much budget should you set when launching your universal app campaigns?
- 50 times that of your target cost per installation
- 25 times that of your target per cost installation
- The most you’re willing to lose to gather stats until you’re profitable
If a keyword has a 2% conversion rate, and the value of a conversion is $100, what is the value per click of that keyword?
Which is not an example of a dimension?
- Days of the week
Conversion optimizer works by:
- A/B testing your landing page for higher conversion rates
- Automatically adjusting bids keywords as well as other dimensions in a campaign
- Automatically finding targeting that will be more likely to convert into users
- Running your campaign during hours where users will be more likely to convert
True or false? Your campaign should be limited by its budget setting when you want to limit losses on unprofitable campaigns that are being optimized.
True or false? Building an attribution model helps you to attribute appropriate credit to multiple marketing channels that contributed to a single sale.
When you have dedicated landing pages, who is the home page meant to serve?
- Users that do not know you
- Both groups
- Users that already know who you are
Which is not a consequence of the situation when you don’t bid on your brand name?
- Losing users who are specifically searching for your brand.
- Losing positions in organic SERP.
- Losing sales from people that are ready to buy, but research you first.
Fill in the blank. Branded SEO is _______ because SEO is about being _______ and nobody is more _______ for your brand than you are.
- easy, visible, visible
- easy, relevant, relevant
- complicated, relevant, irrelevant
- expensive, top-ranked, relevant
How should Remarketing lists be segmented? Choose two options.
- Number of visitors to your landing page.
- Value of the users on the list.
- Different ad messages that could work best with them.